Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Knit Wit

I picked up my knitting needles again when it started getting colder back in November and have been on a knitting kick ever since. I started with the simple scarves that I can do with the regular knit stitch. I made a scarf for Avery using this yarn:






Then I decided I wanted to graduate and work on something a little more complicated. So I bought circular needles and after watching videos on YouTube I learned how to join them and knit-in-the-round. Then I had to learn how to do the purl stitch. After some practice I started this project:




(the pattern can be found at lionbrand.com, just register for free and search for Luxury Cowl/Hood)


Lots and lots of hours later (after putting that project on hold) and 3 skeins of yarn later I have this:



(here is the cowl just folded up,it's really cozy and warm)


So now that I've done that I decided to make a scarf for Camryn's Speech Therapist but instead of doing a plain scarf I wanted to mix things up a little a do a basket-weave pattern. It looks really complicated but it's not at all. Just a pattern of purl stitches and knit stitches. (I hope I'm using the correct terms).



I am also obsessed with looking at yarn and touching it too. I love soft,cozy yarn. Oh and knitting needles. I am slowly building up my collection of sizes. Right now I have needles in US 15, 13, and 9 and circulars in size 10 and 11 (16")


I love these colors...so pretty. This is Chroma Worsted Yarn from Knitpicks.com



Some sites that I love to look at for patterns, ideas and yarn are:


http://www.knitpicks.com/


http://www.purlbee.com/


http://www.ravelry.com/ (I'm SaraB28 on there, so add me!)


http://www.knitmap.com/


http://www.knittinghelp.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment