Saturday night, my friend Emily and I did some shopping (Target and Old Navy). Where I bought this cute spring coat for myself for my birthday. I feel like I've been looking for a light weight coat forever and finally found one and it was on sale!
After getting some great deals we had dinner and then ran to a few more stores. We love finding good deals and we always seem to when we go shopping together!
On Sunday my cell phone decided to take a dip in the toilet. I was so mad at myself. I turned it off and took it all apart. We headed out to meet my parents for lunch at Iron Chef Grill. We hadn't been there before despite driving past many times. The chef cooks on the grill right in front of you. The kids had never been to a restaurant like that before and they really enjoyed it. The chef was great and made a volcano with fire and lava.
After lunch I ran to the store to get some rice so we could try the 'ol bag of rice trick to try to dry out my cell phone. We pulled all the air out of the bag and sealed it really tight with our food sealer. Monday morning was the moment of truth. I opened up the bag, put my phone all back together, turned it on...and it worked! It seems to be working fine, except for fogging up a little when I go outside, but it works and that's all that matters. I really wasn't sure what I was going to do since we got rid of our landline a few months ago and my cell phone number is the one we give to people now (ie. the girl's schools, doctors, etc).
Monday was a pretty low-key day. The kids went off to school, we ran some errands and picked up sushi from my favorite Sushi Bar for lunch. After dinner we celebrated with some cake and ice cream.
I'm looking forward to enjoying this last year of my twenties and accomplishing some major goals.

No comments:
Post a Comment