Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Transfer Day!

I think I was more nervous Sunday morning for the transfer than I was when it was going to be Friday morning. We go up and got ready, dropped the kids off at my friends and then headed to the RE.

We met IP's there and IM's parents as well. After waiting outside in the cold for a few minutes we were let in (the main doors were locked because it was Sunday) and taken back to the rooms. I went in my room and changed into a gown and IM went and changed into her scrubs. While we were waiting I gave her the gift I had gotten her. I necklace with a charm that says "believe" and a charm with little baby footprints. We were then taken back into the room where the transfer took place. We ended up waiting for awhile and just sat and chatted. The nurse came in and had to verify that we were who we said we were and I forgot my social security number! I totally blanked. Jesse's immediately popped into my head, but I didn't need his. I was one number off.

The doctor came in and started setting up. They had to press pretty hard on my stomach with the ultrasound wand so he could make sure the embryos were going in the right spot. I think that part probably hurt more than the actual transfer. Once the embryos were placed they had to get an "all clear" from the lab to make sure the embryos were stuck in the tube. The doctor pointed out on the ultrasound where the embryos were but I couldn't see anything at all.

I then had to lay there for about 10-15 minutes longer. The nurse came back in and got me up. I wasn't ready to get up! I wanted to lay there longer to make sure those little babies stick. I was told to just take it easy the rest of the day. We went out to lunch with IP's afterwards. IM's mom and dad(Intended Grandma & Grandpa) got me a really nice pair of earrings and a very nice card and IM and IF gave me a Willow Tree figure to go with my small collection. It was such a thoughtful gift. I couldn't have asked for better IP's!

So now we are in the "two week wait". I will go back February 3 for a blood test. I did buy 50 pregnancy test strips though, and I am going to try to wait at least 5 days to start testing. I've seen some women get positives at about 4.5 dp5dt (4.5 days past a 5 day transfer).

4 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK! Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.... the waiting! Hoping and praying you get a positive test by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you! Just found your blog today and am enjoying back-reading your blog. I'm 24 weeks now in my first gestational surrogacy. Here's my link in case you'd like to check it out!
    http://mybelly-theirbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete