I feel like this blog has been just...blah. I don't have any really good poems and interesting stories to post, like my very good friend Trischa or stories about a new move to a new place, like my sister Samantha. I guess I can just post what's been going on around here lately.
Jesse has been working out of town for the week in Indiana and will likely be gone for weeks at time for the next few months. I can't really complain. It's a good job, good money and he is doing what he's always wanted. But it's hard getting used to him traveling and not being home in the evenings.
Avery and I went back-to-school shopping on Monday. Got some cute clothes on clearance too. It's actually difficult to shop for back to school clothes, especially when it's likely to still be pretty warm until September, maybe even October. I don't really want to buy pants, jeans or long-sleeve shirts until she will actually need to wear them. So we found a few t-shirts, tank tops, shorts and capris for really good clearance prices. Am I the only one that remembers when it was actually starting to cool off in September and we could all wear are new back-to-school jeans and shirts that we picked out?? We got the new 1st grade backpack, pencil case and other supplies and a lunch box! 1st grade is a pretty big deal. She'll be at school all day and eat lunch there.
This week seems to be going at a snail's pace. I wish the weekend would hurry up and get here. Not to mention that the weather has been really weird (ugh am I actually going to talk about the weather?) The kids have been keeping busy with coloring, cutting and gluing which keeps be busy cleaning up after them.
I'm hoping to get a new tattoo soon. This one The purple umbrella.
I'm desperately looking forward to Autumn. I love Fall so much. October is my favorite month by far. I love the the cool crisp air, the pumpkin patch, bonfires and Halloween. Last year on Halloween we had a small get-together before the kids went out trick-or-treating. I made potato soup and some other things. After we ate, we took the kids out and handed out candy. When it started to get chilly, we set up the fire pit in our driveway and all sat around it handing out candy to the last of the kids. It was such a fun evening that I have decided to make it an annual tradition. So if you're in the area come on over on the 31st
I think that's about it for now. Maybe one of these days I'll have something really funny and interesting to post..
I like your posts. I don't think you should wish they were more like anyone else's. I always like to read about what you've been up to (even if I already know:) and what you're thinking about. Yay for school shopping and clearance!
ReplyDeleteThanks Trischa :)
ReplyDeleteI only write what's been going on too. And once school starts (in 5 days, ugh) I will have nothing but school and Lia Sophia parties to talk about.
ReplyDeleteAnd I do remember wearing jeans to school on the first day, in fact, I probably will wear jeans on the first day of school.
Yes, but you wear them not because it's chilly and you have to wear pants, because you want to. I want it to actually be cool in the fall and warm during spring break! Is that too much to ask!?
ReplyDelete