It has officially been one month since little Hadleigh was born, so I thought I would update how things are going here.
As far as physically, I am glad to have my body back. I can get out of bed easily again, it doesn't take me 10 minutes to roll over and I'm not up 4 times a night to use the bathroom. LOL. I have about 25 lbs to go to get back to my pre-surrogacy weight. I'm not going to say pre-pregnancy because I had gained weight during the hormone/shots phase of the process. It was pretty shocking to get on the scale at my very last OB appointment and see that I was over 200 lbs. 205 to be exact *gasp*, and I had tried really hard to not gain too much weight. I had gained about the same with my previous two pregnancies as well. But I've lost 30 already and I have started exercising again and watching what I eat, and I feel confident I can lose those extra 25.
Emotionally, I am doing great. I've had several people ask if I miss her and I don't really. For the first week or two I did feel a little "lost", I guess would be the best word to describe it. I felt like my "job" was over. My job of protecting her and keeping her healthy for 9 months was over. But it wasn't a feeling of sadness that I didn't have a baby here with me. I also was taking it easy and trying not to do too much right away, so I think not having much to do didn't help either. But now that I am back into my own routine, things are going really well.
We have already taken a day trip to visit with them and have plans to get together again soon, it's so nice that we are not too far away from each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment