Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

And the Award Goes to.....

In my last post, I wrote about my tattoo appointment, so I thought I would share pictures of the final product...well almost final product. If you haven't spent all day in a tattoo shop, I highly recommend it. Whenever Trischa (my friend and tattoo buddy) and I make appointments at Blue Byrd we pretty much accept that we will be there for awhile, maybe even all day. This was true on Saturday. We got there around 12:20pm and didn't leave until 9:30pm. Of course, this whole time wasn't spend tattooing. Chris (tattoo artist) had to eat his lunch that we brought him, then we had to sit on the couch and talk about things (ie. Swine Flu). Trischa went first and got the word "Love" tattooed on her arm. It turned out really pretty. After that we had to take a break and go get coffee. And have a completely awkward conversation with the guy working at the coffee shop. Trischa blogged about our day and did a great job at describing all the people that we encountered. If I could,I would have given them awards. Most entertaining, most random, best worst tattoo idea ever, best parenting fail, shortest shorts and so on.

Alot of times when people come in as walk-ins or for piercings the guys that are tattooing have to stop and talk with the customers. So there are many little breaks here and there. Finally it was my turn, we had to tweak the font that I wanted a bit, then decide on the layout, etc. It takes a long time to get it just perfect. Which is what you want..it is permanent afterall. A good tattoo artist will not rush things. Their work is like advertising and they want their work to be perfect.

In progress
Finally done. The empty lines are there to fill in some wind gusts at a later time. I'm still deciding if I want to do that or just fill it in with color.



If you can't tell, I've had two different artists, with different styles tattoo my leaves. My next appointment is to go back and get my first set of three leaves touched up so they look more like my most recent leaves and possibly add in those wind gusts.

Here is the poem that my quote came from:

'Fall, leaves, fall' by Emily Bronte

Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night's decay
Ushers in a drearier day.

1 comment:

  1. I love how yours turned out. I can't wait to see how it looks with the other leaves touched up and whatever else you decide to do to finish it!!

    Oh.... and we should totally do the award thing next time.

    ReplyDelete